Are You Up For Peter’s Challenges?
5. We are called to Holiness
I Peter 2: 9 – “But you are chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness in his wonderful light.”
- You are a chosen people – chosen by our Holy God to be a member of His family.
- You have a royal priesthood. In the Old Testament people had to sacrifice an animal and then through a priest they confessed their sins and sought forgiveness. When Jesus died on the cross this changed. The priest was no longer necessary for people to seek forgiveness of their sins. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. As believers were are now free to go to the throne room of God with our prayers
- We are part of a holy nation. We are the bride of Christ. We are God’s children. Think about this for a second. I am His!!!
- You have been called out of the darkness of sin and into the light of Jesus. Therefore, you are to worship Him and praise the holy name of Jesus as long as have breath in your lungs.
- You belong to Him – let your light shine.