What are your goals? What are your heart desires? We all have them. Our God is a powerful, mighty, God. He owns everything, so we can dream BIG.
What about everyday struggles? For instance:
- Trying to make it financially from paycheck to paycheck.
- A problem child who continuously gets into trouble at school.
- Surviving a night without an argument with your spouse.
God states clearly that we should attend to our struggles.
James [2:17], “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”
So, this means we have to take steps of faith not only to achieve our BIG goals, but also to conquer our day to day matters.
For an example:
- God may ask you to step out in faith and tithe from your paycheck each week “before” you pay your bills.
- You may have to show tough love to your child who stays in trouble. (Each child is different so I would pray and ask God to show you how to handle the tough love.)
- Turning your marriage around may have to start with you. You may have to keep quiet even if you are right.
I’m telling you from my own experiences, having faith in God sometimes means taking a leap of faith when you don’t think you can do what he’s asking you to. I encourage you to do it though because what you see happen will be more than you ever dreamed possible.