Jesus comes with a guarantee
2 Corinthians 1: 21-22 – “Now it is God who makes me (Betty Lacy) stand firm in Christ. He anointed me, set his seal of ownership on me, and put His Spirit in my heart as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come” (NIV and the Bible according to Betty)
All scripture is personal to a believer. I love it when I can insert my name in a verse in a scripture such as this. When I do this I am claiming the scripture as a personal letter to me from God.
Today, I am assured –
- God makes me stand firm in Christ
- He anointed me for His own purpose
- He set His seal of ownership upon me
- He put His Spirit in my heart as a deposit on what is to come
- He gave me a written eternal guarantee on what is to come
His guarantee is not a 90 day limited warranty. It is His promise – a spoken, unlimited full guarantee for eternity. My place has been secured for an eternity in heaven with Him.